How do I scrap my car in Southampton?
We’ve been helping people in Southampton get more for their scrap vehicles for over 5 years. We work with local, government authorised treatment facilities to ensure the very best quality of service. It’s easy to get started:
- Get an instant, guaranteed quote by filling in the form above.
- Accept the online quote – It’s guaranteed and won’t be haggled down in person.
- Your collector will contact you to arrange the best time for them to collect.
- You’ll receive an instant bank transfer to your account on collection.
What’s included when I scrap my car?
Over the past 5 years we’ve constantly worked to improve our service to make sure it’s as easy and hassle-free as possible. We include the following as standard on all collections:
- Free, instant & guaranteed quote – no price negotiations.
- Completely free collection – you’ll never have to take the vehicle to a depot.
- Instant bank transfer – receive funds the same day
- We’ll take care of the legal documentation – no worrying about paperwork.
- Environmentally friendly service – we only work with Government approved treatment centres.
Please note: you will have to send off a small section of your V5 to the DVLA to relinquish ownership of the vehicle – This is very easy and we’ll help you with any queries.
Which areas do you cover?
We work with environmental friendly facilities and the best local drivers across the country. Our UK wide selection of collection agents ensures we offer you the best possible price for your vehicle. Our coverage includes:
- Southampton itself & nearby areas (SO Postcodes).
- Hedge-end (SO3, SO30)
- Eastleigh (SO50 Area)
- Fareham & Portsmouth (PO Postcodes).
- & Further afield (We work with partners UK wide).
How do I get paid for my Scrap Car?
Since October 2013 it is illegal to buy a Scrap Vehicle with cash. We have been acting according to this law since before it came into practice and all payments for cars collected in Southampton and the surrounding areas are now made by an instant bank transfer, or a cheque when that is not convenient.
Whilst we operate completely legally and have the highest ethical standards, there are some other businesses that don’t. Within the UK some scrap car companies knowingly run their businesses illegally. They pay in cash and may not provide or action the paperwork required correctly. You could be left out of pocket with an unexpected charge from the DVLA for an untaxed vehicle which you had disposed of to one of these illegitimate companies. If any company offers you cash in hand for your vehicle – beware, they are acting illegally.
Scrap Cars Southampton have our customer’s satisfaction as our highest priority. There are a sad few who will undervalue your vehicle, or in extreme cases steal it after promising you a payment that never comes. We have a professional and legal outlook on the running of our business and our established 5 year history is testament to that level of service. All our exchanges are backed up with legal documentation, guarantees, liability insurance and the best price we can offer.
Do you buy damaged cars?
Damaged cars are commonly referred to as salvage cars and we offer a competitive salvage collection service. Our local agents can buy your damaged vehicles whether they have been repaired or not. Our agents accept vehicles of any condition; including Cat C, Cat D and flood damage.
This service requires a slightly more detailed look at your car in order to ensure the very best quote. We want to account for the standard of the vehicle, accommodating it’s best bits and acknowledging the damage that has been done. This is an online process, but we can also help you secure the best price over the phone. Our expert agents are available 8:00am to 6:00pm from Monday to Saturday. You can call us on 02380 001 801 to get started.